I am a grandmother paddling alone over 2,500 miles from Maine to Guatemala. Along the way I will be:
- telling the story of the children who live in the Guatemala City garbage dump community
- honoring their entrepreneurial mothers
- talking about the success of the Safe Passage model school and
- raising funds for additional grades for the school.

Saturday, May 24, 2014

What others are saying about the expedition...

Joey Schott, the design wizard, and Deb before putting the kayak in the water for the first time.
Here are links to a couple of a couple of articles about the expedition.
The first one is from the Chesapeake Light craft blog, the company that redesigned and built my kayak.
Read it here.

Last weekend I went to the Rotary District 7790 Conference, and showed off my kayak in the House of Friendship.  The Bangor Daily News was a major sponsor of the conference and came to interview me for this article.  Read it here.

No comments:

Post a Comment