I am a grandmother paddling alone over 2,500 miles from Maine to Guatemala. Along the way I will be:
- telling the story of the children who live in the Guatemala City garbage dump community
- honoring their entrepreneurial mothers
- talking about the success of the Safe Passage model school and
- raising funds for additional grades for the school.

Thursday, May 1, 2014

On Guatemalan TV Tonight!

Tuti Furlan
You can watch me on TV tonight at about 10:00 pm EDT (8:00 pm Guatemalan time).
My interview with the well-known Guatemalan TV host Tuti Furlan will be airing on the Guatevision channel.  For those of you in Guatemala that is Channel 39 on cable.  The title of the show, which starts at 7:30 pm in Guatemala,  is "Nunca es tarde para empezar" or "It's never too late to start".  The focus is on helping others and "giving back", and pointing out that you are never too old to start helping others.  So I fit right in as a grandmother kayaking from Maine to Guatemala to help the children at the garbage dump.

I know that many of you won't be able to watch the show live, so I'll post a link to the video as soon as it's available, and a transcript in English.  ¡Gracias Tuti!

No comments:

Post a Comment