I am a grandmother paddling alone over 2,500 miles from Maine to Guatemala. Along the way I will be:
- telling the story of the children who live in the Guatemala City garbage dump community
- honoring their entrepreneurial mothers
- talking about the success of the Safe Passage model school and
- raising funds for additional grades for the school.

Wednesday, April 30, 2014

Girl Power in Kayaking!

This article reminded me I was an accidental early leader in the semi-nude paddling movement. 




TiTS Deep

I had left work in my suit and drove the hour to the launch only to find I had forgotten to bring my paddling clothes. It was summer so no problem. The spray skirt and PFD covered most of the bottom and much of the top. As I was carrying my kayak to the water a guy stops me to talk, and keeps talking and talking. Didn't he know it's rude to talk so much to naked kayakers?

No comments:

Post a Comment