I am a grandmother paddling alone over 2,500 miles from Maine to Guatemala. Along the way I will be:
- telling the story of the children who live in the Guatemala City garbage dump community
- honoring their entrepreneurial mothers
- talking about the success of the Safe Passage model school and
- raising funds for additional grades for the school.

Friday, April 11, 2014

The Hilleberg Staika tent has arrived!

Hilleberg Staika in the snow
I now have a home for the expedition!


Here's the Staika set up in the snow in front of my house.  It's a four season tent.  Does that mean I expect to use it in snow for the expedition?  No, this will probably be the last snow the tent sees before the end of the expedition.  I wanted a four season tent so that it can stand up to high winds in unsheltered locations along the coast.

Staika all closed up.
Hilleberg is sponsoring the Kayak For Safe Passage Kids expedition by donating the Staika.  It should provide a dry and comfy home for the many nights of camping during the year of the expedition.  Thanks, Hilleberg!

No comments:

Post a Comment