I am a grandmother paddling alone over 2,500 miles from Maine to Guatemala. Along the way I will be:
- telling the story of the children who live in the Guatemala City garbage dump community
- honoring their entrepreneurial mothers
- talking about the success of the Safe Passage model school and
- raising funds for additional grades for the school.

Tuesday, June 17, 2014

Great camping spot in Belfast, Maine

Deb with some of her gear at the Front Street Shipyard in Belfast, Maine
Terrific location on the dock deck overlooking Belfast harbor.
It would have been a great place to camp, but my husband, Chris, and I were there to photograph the expedition gear.  While we were setting up we were joined by a journalist and his two daughters.  It was the best interview I've had about the expedition because the young girls asked the questions.  They had read the website and watched a Safe Passage video.  The youngest admitted she didn't watch to the end because it was so sad.  They had great questions for me about the expedition.  You can read the interview at Penobscot Bay Pilot

No comments:

Post a Comment