I am a grandmother paddling alone over 2,500 miles from Maine to Guatemala. Along the way I will be:
- telling the story of the children who live in the Guatemala City garbage dump community
- honoring their entrepreneurial mothers
- talking about the success of the Safe Passage model school and
- raising funds for additional grades for the school.

Tuesday, February 10, 2015

Two Weeks Post Surgery: Not Healed Enough for PT. Neck Brace Free!

Brace free!
Just had my two week check-up.  Ditch the neck brace!  Just four more weeks of healing until I can start my weeks of physical therapy.
Back in Charleston for an x-ray to see how the neck is doing.  Great news to be ready to get out of the brace!  Everything is looking good (at least in the x-ray)!

Next step is four weeks of healing to get strong enough to start physical therapy.  Then four to six weeks of PT to get back to normal.  Then retrain to get back into expedition kayaking shape.

Now I have to figure out the best way to carry on down the coast, given that I need to stay put in one place for four to six weeks for physical therapy.  Saturday night I'll be giving a presentation at Sea Kayak Georgia at 5 pm.  Come if you are in the area, as we plan to do some brainstorming about how local paddlers can help me complete the expedition.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Deb. I'm so happy to learn of your progress. Please let me know anyway I can help. Jacksonville is just a little more than an hour drive from Savannah. If I can set up the TV interview and/or other presentations here for a day trip for you or overnights at my house while you recooperate, please let me know. I was really looking forward to having you in Jacksonville.

    ReplyDelete