I am a grandmother paddling alone over 2,500 miles from Maine to Guatemala. Along the way I will be:
- telling the story of the children who live in the Guatemala City garbage dump community
- honoring their entrepreneurial mothers
- talking about the success of the Safe Passage model school and
- raising funds for additional grades for the school.

Thursday, January 28, 2016

Yet Another Quick Update

Higgs Beach in Key West on Thursday, January 28th
Drove to check the surf of Higgs Beach.  I was planning on landing there on Friday to end the expedition.  But the surf conditions made it look like a chance of ending the expedition and maybe my boat as well.  Not being a big risk taker, I'm postponing the final landing.  The wind will shift tonight, but I'll give it a day for the wind to "lay down" and the swells to relapse.  Saturday, January 30th at 1:00 pm now looks like a good time to land.  Stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment