I am a grandmother paddling alone over 2,500 miles from Maine to Guatemala. Along the way I will be:
- telling the story of the children who live in the Guatemala City garbage dump community
- honoring their entrepreneurial mothers
- talking about the success of the Safe Passage model school and
- raising funds for additional grades for the school.

Saturday, October 17, 2015

Foiled again! Small Craft Advisories

Deb on dock in Hilton Head - back when there were no small craft advisories!
Feeling good after four days of paddling.  Glad to have one day of rest.  But now have two days of Small Craft Advisories and cannot paddle!
Spent many hours today going over charts and watching the marine forecasts.  Reluctantly decided that I will have to skip paddling on Sunday and Monday.  I have four speaking engagements this coming week that I have to make, so had to resort to another motor portage.

Hosts along the way have been great with the slight reshuffling, and Kathy and Joe will get my kayak, gear and me moved along to the right respective spots.

People are so wonderfully helpful!

Gratitude List:

So many people that are he;ping me and donating to Safe Passage!

No comments:

Post a Comment