I am a grandmother paddling alone over 2,500 miles from Maine to Guatemala. Along the way I will be:
- telling the story of the children who live in the Guatemala City garbage dump community
- honoring their entrepreneurial mothers
- talking about the success of the Safe Passage model school and
- raising funds for additional grades for the school.

Friday, August 8, 2014

Guatemala is only one day away...


My son gave me this old Pan Am poster for Christmas this year.
I keep looking at it and repeating "Guatemala is only one day away..."  Does it tempt me to change my mode of transportation?  No.  I am sticking to my kayak and paddling one day at a time.   With a little persistence, and the help of many supporters along the way, I will get to that time when Guatemala really will be one day away.  But of course, I'll have to carry on a few more days to finally get to the children at Safe Passage.

No comments:

Post a Comment