I am a grandmother paddling alone over 2,500 miles from Maine to Guatemala. Along the way I will be:
- telling the story of the children who live in the Guatemala City garbage dump community
- honoring their entrepreneurial mothers
- talking about the success of the Safe Passage model school and
- raising funds for additional grades for the school.

Friday, July 25, 2014

Five hours with the NHPTV film crew and Willem Lange

With the great guys from NHPTV
Over two days I spent 5 hours with the great guys from New Hampshire Public TV, filming for the award winning Windows to the Wild show with Willem Lange.



Willen Lange in his trademark orange bandanna
What an inspiration Will is: 79 and charging up mountains and canoeing wild rivers in the Arctic!  See his trademark orange and black bandanna?  Is that because his wedding anniversary is halloween?  When I told him my husband and I often forget our anniversary, he did say he has to celebrate his anniversary for a whole week each year.


We paddled a little around New Castle Island.


Looking for the second film crew as we rounded Fort Point


Will was so much fun to talk with.  Lots of laughter.


Two days before, as I had paddled into New Castle, 
I had been so tempted to paddle under this NOAA ship.
But I restrained my urge.


I was so glad Will couldn't resist, and of course I followed, enjoying the yodeling session.


Quite some anchor!

I wonder what the segment will be like once they put all the film together.  This team wins Emmys so I have high expectations!






3 comments:

  1. Your trip is truly inspiring! I'm wondering how you take the 'selfies' with your hands obviously engaged in paddling. Do you have a photographer companion, or are these shots taken by visitors when you have them?
    Nancy Kane

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Nancy, I have three RePlayXD 1080 mini cam's on the kayak, and shoot video several times during the day. Then in the evening I play the videos on a computer and select frames using screen grab. The RePlayXD 1080 minis are great as they are waterproof and require no additional waterproof housing like some other minicams.

      Delete
    2. Wow! Thank you, Deb!! Your whole trip--your mission, your prep, your organization, your tech savvy-ness, and your guts are all truly impressive. May good luck and good health be your constant companions on your inspiring journey.
      Nancy Kane

      Delete