I am a grandmother paddling alone over 2,500 miles from Maine to Guatemala. Along the way I will be:
- telling the story of the children who live in the Guatemala City garbage dump community
- honoring their entrepreneurial mothers
- talking about the success of the Safe Passage model school and
- raising funds for additional grades for the school.

Thursday, July 10, 2014

One day until I launch!

Gifts from the Bangor Breakfast Rotary Club
My calendar sent me a message this morning saying "Begin kayaking! tomorrow".

Lots of little last minute things to do.  But the day started great as I gave my last pre-launch talk.  I was at the Bangor Breakfast Rotary Club.  They gave me their 25th anniversary mug, and a life jacket with a great message - "Think Safe".  Thank you!  And thanks especially for your generous donation to Safe Passage to add additional grades to the school.  Together we really can make a difference in the lives of the children at Safe Passage.

As I finish the last items on my To Do list, I keep walking past my kayak, and patting it fondly and letting it know we are about to begin our adventure!  I'm ready to be out on the water!  Follow my progress live on the website link on the right, and on the "Where's Deb" button on the right.

No comments:

Post a Comment